TotalVision Eyecare of Glastonbury Reopening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
We wanted to tell you about the steps our office is taking to ensure your safety and ours when you come in to see us. We take health and safety very seriously, and even more so during the pandemic.
Precautions We Are Taking
- To enhance patient flow and social distancing, the front door will be LOCKED at all times. Call or text us at 860-659-5900 when you arrive so we can prescreen you and allow you to enter
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields as needed
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart. Every chair will be disinfected before each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination room is disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect all eyeglass frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Exam rooms will have hospital grade, virus-level air sanitizers running at all times
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
Precautions You Will Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, and will be notified when to enter
- All patients will complete a COVID-19 questionnaire (written or verbal) prior to entry
- We require that you reschedule your appointment if you have any flu-like signs or symptoms, like a cold, fever or cough
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building. If your temperature is over 100.4°, you will have to reschedule your visit.
- Everyone in the office must wear a mask; we will supply you with one if needed. Hand sanitizer must be used before entering.
- Minimal in-office paperwork – appointments and forms available to read and sign on our website
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- Whenever possible, we will come out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup)
We request that patients fill out your medical and eye history through our online patient portal, which will be reviewed by phone with you prior to your visit
Thanks in advance for your cooperation!